Name:Dr. Isibhakhomen S. EJOH
Faculty: PUBLIC HEALTH
Designation: Lecturer I
I. (a) Name Ejoh Shirley Isibhakhomen
(b) Department Human Nutrition
(c) Faculty Public Health
(d) College Medicine
II. (a) First Academic Appointment Assistant Lecturer
(b) Present Position Assistant Lecturer
(c) Date of Last Promotion Not applicable
(d) Date Last Considered Not applicable
III. University Education (with dates)
(a) Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Public Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (1997 – 2001).
(b) Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Public Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (2003 – 2004).
IV. Academic Qualifications (with dates and granting bodies)
(a) B.Sc. (Hons) Human Nutrition (2001), University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(b) M.Sc. Human Nutrition (2004), University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(c) (Ph. D In View) Human Nutrition, University of Ibadan
V. Professional Qualifications and Diplomas (with dates)
(a) Diploma in Computer Studies (1996), City Business School, Benin City
VI. Scholarships, Fellowships and Prizes (with dates)
1. The Nutrition Society (UK), travel fellowship to attend the Nutrition Congress Africa (NCA), South Africa, 2012.
2. University of Ibadan conference support grant to attend the Nutrition Congress Africa (NCA), South Africa, 2012.
3. Fellow, African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) of the CGIAR Gender & Diversity Program, Kenya (2011).
4. Nevin Scrimshaw International Nutrition Foundation (INF)/Kraft Travel Fellowship to attend 9TH African Nutrition Leadership Programme (ANLP), South Africa, 2011.
5. IFS/BIOVERSITY/RUFORUM to attend EU-ACP Scientific Research Proposal Writing Workshop for Neglected and Underutilized Species of Crops (2010)
VII. Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies
(a) Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN)
(b) Member, African Nutrition Society (ANS)
(c) African Graduate Students Nutrition Network (AGSNet)
(d) Member, The Nutrition Society (UK)
(e) Member, American Society for Nutrition (ASN)
VIII. Details of Teaching Experience at University level
a. Current teaching Experience:
- NUT 201 Introduction to Food and Nutrition I
- NUT 202 Introduction to Food and Nutrition II
- NUT 203 Food Production and Nutrition
- NUT 303 Food Consumption Studies and Socio-Cultural Aspects of Food
- NUT 308 Proposal Writing and Oral presentation
- NUT 309 Experimental Techniques and Research Methodology in Nutrition
- NUT 401 Recent Advances and Controversies in Human Nutrition
b. Previous teaching experience
- FNC 204 Introduction to foods in the Department of Family Nutrition and Consumer Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria (2009 - 2010).
- HEC 432 Socio, economic and psychological aspect of food in the Department of Family Nutrition and Consumer Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria (2009 -2010).
Principles of food and nutrition for ND II part-time students in the Department of Food Technology Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State. (2002).
i. Proximate and chemical composition of some traditional leafy vegetables in Oganla village, Ibadan
ii. Determination of the proximate composition and mineral analyses of commonly consumed staple foods in Nigeria. Resource person, 2007.
iii. Vitamin C content of raw and processed underutilised traditional leafy vegetables.
iv. Nutrient analysis and sensory evaluation of a complementary food made from maize and sorghum “okababa” enriched with sprouted pigeon pea flour.
v. Attitudes and practice of working adults to current infant and young child feeding recommendations
(b) In progress
i. Contribution of Underutilized traditional plant foods to the food consumption and nutritional status of rural households in two selected villages in South west Nigeria. The goal is to improve the food and nutrition security in Nigeria. PhD research
ii. Delphe 758 project: Urban Agriculture as a Stimulus to Urban Planning in Developing cities. Case study, Ibadan city.
iii. Effect of processing techniques on physicochemical properties of cocoyam flour and its suitability in pastry making.
(c) Dissertation and thesis
i. Changes in the Levels of Vitamin E during Processing of Melon (Citrullus vulgaris) seed and Groundnut (Arachis hypogea) into their Products (MSc thesis, 2004 unpublished).
ii. Women’s Involvement in Income Generating Activities and its Effect on Child Health and Nutrition (BSc thesis, 2001 unpublished).
(a) Books already published - Nil
(b) Chapters in books already published - Nil
(c) Articles that have already appeared in Refereed Conference Proceedings - Nil
(d) Patents - Nil
(e) Articles that have already appeared in learned journals.
i. Ejoh S.I and Ketiku O. A (2013). Vitamin E content of traditionally processed products oftwo commonly consumed oilseeds - groundnut (Arachis hypogea) and melon seed (Citullus vulgaris) in Nigeria. Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences. Vol. 3 (3). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-9600.1000187
ii. Olanipekun O.T, Obatolu V. A, Ejoh S. I, Farinde E. O. And Oyarekhua M. A (2011). Evaluation of the nutrient and antinutrient contents of two Nigeria underutilised legumes. Moor Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 12 (1) pp 56 -63
iii. Farinde E.O., Obatolu, V.A., Oyarekua, M.A., Adeniran, H. A., Ejoh, S. I. and Olanipekun, O.T. (2010). Physical and microbial properties of fruit flavoured fermented cowmilk and soy milk (yoghurt-like) under different temperature of storage. African Journal of Food Science and Technology (ISSN: 2141-5455) Vol. 1(5) pp. 120-127.
iv. Fasoyiro S.B, Obatolu V.A, Taiwo L.B, Arowora K.A, Zaka K.O, Osuntade V.G, Ejoh S.I and Olanipekun O.T. (2009). Development of fermented pigeon pea (Cajanus cajans) dawadawa spice into shelf-stable product. Moor Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 10 pp. 80 – 88
(f) Books, chapters in books and articles already accepted for publication
(g) Technical reports and monographs
XI. Conferences Attended with Papers Read
i. Ejoh S. I. and Tijani S. A. (2012) Evaluation of ascorbic acid content of some underutilised traditional leafy vegetables in Southwestern Nigeria. Poster presentation at the Nutrition Congress Africa (NCA), Bloemfontein South Africa. 1 – 4 October, 2012.
ii. Ejoh S. I and Tijani S. A. (2011) Proximate Composition and mineral content of some lesser known traditional green leafy vegetables in Nigeria. Oral presentation at the 2nd Federation of African Nutrition Societies (FANUS) Conference, Abuja, Nigeria. 11-15 September, 2011.
iii. Professor Olusola Omueti, Dr. Kingsley Akinroye, Mrs. Isi Ejoh. Changing Dietary patterns in Nigeria: The Heart Mark. Proceedings of African Heart Network Conference, Abuja. September, 2009.
iv. Egbele S. I. and Ketiku A.O. (2005) Changes in the Levels of Vitamin E during Processing of Melon (Citrullus vulgaris) seed and Groundnut (Arachis hypogea) into their Products. Poster presented at the 18th International Congress of Nutrition, Durban, South Africa. 19 – 23 September, 2005.
XII. Capacity building short courses/ trainings attended with dates
i. AWARD Women’s leadership and management course. 19 -25 August, 2012. Mombasa, Kenya.
ii. Medical Education Partnership Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN): Training on Online Information Access, retrieval use and reference management using EndNote/ Zotero. 04 – 05 April, 2012. University of Ibadan, Nigeria
iii. AWARD Science Writing, communication and presentation skills course. 19 – 25 February, 2012. Nairobi, Kenya.
iv. Workshop on Research Africa organized by Research Management Office, University of Ibadan. 10 November, 2011. University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
v. Workshop on grading of students’ scripts. 05 – 06 September, 2011. College of Medicine, University of Ibadan. Nigeria
vi. AWARD mentoring and orientation workshop. 15 – 20 August, 2011. Nairobi, Kenya
vii. African Nutrition Leadership Programme (ANLP). 15 – 25 March, 2011. Potchefstroom, South Africa.
viii.Gender sensitization and motivation workshop. 07 March, 2011. Institute of Agricultural Research and Training, Ibadan. Nigeria
ix. EU-ACP Proposal writing workshop on neglected and underutilised species of plants. 12 – 16 July, 2010. Cotonou, Benin.
XIII. Community Service
- Assistant result manager for Human Nutrition undergraduates: 2011 to date
- Departmental B.Sc. curriculum committee (member): 2011 to date
- Departmental laboratory committee (member): 2011 to date
- Training workshop for youths from Ebonyi and Imo states in the Federal Government Youth Empowerment scheme in agricultural enterprise. I.A.R&.T, Ibadan. 16thMarch-9th April, 2009.
- Training workshop for youths from Delta, Akwa-Ibom and Cross-rivers stataes in the Federal Government Youth Empowerment scheme in agricultural enterprise. I.A.R&.T, Ibadan. 13thJuly -7th August, 2009.
- Monitoring of Vitamin A supplementation to 6-59 months old children during Immunization Plus Days (NIPDs) in Ogun State. Monitor, 2008.
- Monitoring of Vitamin A supplementation to 6-59 months old child, during Child Health Week in Osun State. Monitor, 2007.
- Background study of poverty safety net interventions in health and education sectors, Enugu State. Research assistant, 2005.
- National Goitre Rate Survey, Edo state. Senior Enumerator, 2004
- Training volunteers in Idah diocese on Nutrition, Care and Support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Kogi State. Facilitator, 2006.
XIII Consultancies - Nil