To support the Curriculum Review process, CoMUI commissioned a series of lectures exploring the creative process as a tool for reflection. Hosted by the Provost, Professor Olayinka Omigbodun and the Chair of the Curriculum Review Committee, Professor Odunayo Oluwatosin, the sessions from Dec 2021 to Feb 2022 were facilitated by Dr Bukky Owoseni (MBBS graduating class of 2004, MA Comparative Literature and Criticism, Goldsmiths, University of London).
Drawing on examples from the art of Erhabor Emokpae and Lamidi Fakeye, literature from Chinua Achebe and Cyprian Ekwensi and the philosophy of Prof Sophie B Oluwole and Plato, Dr Owoseni illustrated the intersection between the rigour of the clinical sciences and its academic progress with the humanities and creative leisure.
With over 300 attendances over the six sessions, the reflections led to engaging discussions and many practical recommendations were brought to the fore.
You can catch up with the lectures on the CoMUI Youtube channel.
1. In Search of the Unified Self: https://youtu.be/evYQPubVuzU
2. The Unified Self Leaves Clues: https://youtu.be/KlxkYqIcmqs
3. Framing Our Stories: https://youtu.be/tb4PlsGyExE
4. Creating Our Unified Stories - Part One: https://youtu.be/2LVUr3RMb8Y
5. Creating Our Unified Stories - Part Two: https://youtu.be/255pGDtJbJ0
6. A Curriculum to Support a Unified Life: https://youtu.be/g2VkrXT3ILY